Facility Manager Position Available NOW!
Are you looking for a career that provides new opportunities daily that are both basic and creative? Westminster House Society (WHS) is looking for a solid individual to lead our maintenance team. WHS is a growing society providing bed-based addiction recovery services to women for 41 years. We provide safe, clean and comfortable spaces for women and youth to recover in primary treatment and community recovery housing spaces across seven facilities.
The Facility Manager position is focused on the management of the repairs and maintenance of the facilities. This right person will thrive on ensuring that the buildings and their services meet the needs of the people who live and work in them, keeping in mind “safety first.” The right person will be proud that they have ensured the women and youth clients are safe and secure in their spaces, and that WHS facilities and surrounding environments are clean and in tip-top condition to work, live and recover.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as Project Management Certificate or relevant experience
- Knowledge and understanding of basic plumbing and electrical
- Experience in building and construction
- If in recovery, a minimum of 18 months of chemical-free living
- Ability to work unsupervised and with a team
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- The facilities manager is involved in strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly concerning the buildings and premises
- Weekly inspection of each property to identify issues that need attention (yard/garbage/damage/repair)
- inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Plan and coordinate all installations and refurbishments
- Preparing construction sites, tools and materials
- Assisting with the transporting, loading and unloading of building materials, equipment and tools
- Cleaning the construction site, removing debris, unused materials and hazardous substances
- Demolishing structures based on health and safety regulations
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Supervise facilities staff and external contractors (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc.)
- Control activities like waste disposal, building security etc.
- Allocate a small team according to the needs of the society
- A Competitive hourly wage
- The use of company vehicle and cellular phone
- Extended health benefits
- Two weeks of paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- On-call wages
- Valid driver’s license
- Current first-aid certificate
- Criminal record check to work with vulnerable women
- 3 Professional references
Please send your resume to Westminster House Society.
Hiring Manager | Facility Manager Position
Considering the uniqueness of our environment; here at Westminster House, we seek to employ qualified candidates, persons with lived experience, as well as graduates from the Westminster House Program who show applicable skill levels.
In all our interactions, we endeavor to treat all people with dignity and respect, encouraging and coaching to ensure job success, and to assist in whatever way possible to help staff in overcoming personal limitations.
We aim to acts as role models by modelling the behavior expected of those we serve and support.
We are committed to establishing and maintaining a work environment where:
- The rights and contributions of our staff members are consistently acknowledged valued and respected.
- Salaries, benefits, and working conditions are fair and equitable.
- Policies and Procedures are structured in accordance with the Mission of Westminster House, in concert with prevailing labor legislation.
- The application of all policies and procedure is fair, reasonable, and consistent.
- Employees are encouraged to communicate and participate in shaping the working environment for the benefit of staff, clients, and the organization.
- Westminster House maintains enough employed and/or contracted professional and non-professional staff qualified to meet all the care and service needs of persons served within a safe, healthy environment that fit the current
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile, and tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Capable of working with diverse populations. Ability to work with individuals negatively impacted by addiction, physical and mental health issues in all stages of life changes
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure that their behaviour and others’ behaviour are consistent with these standards and align with the organization’s values.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Computer Proficiency: Demonstrate the minimum proficiency in using Microsoft Office 2013/365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) and other relevant information technology skills.
- Creativity/Initiative: Takes initiative. Develop new and unique ways to improve the organization’s operations and create new opportunities.
- Focus on Client Needs: Enjoy working with the client population. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Leadership: Positively influences others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and resolve the problem.
- Think Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment and the organization’s vision and values.