Proven Addiction Recovery Since 1981
Youth Girls and Adult Women
Need financial help accessing addiction treatment and recovery?
WHS has partnered with multiple foundations to provide treatment bursaries to individuals and families needing financial support. To qualify, please complete the following application for for financial support and treatment subsidy. Please note that only fully completed applications will be considered.
INTAKE CONTACT INFORMATION
Intake Office: 228 Seventh Street, New Westminster, BC
Email: [email protected]
YOUTH * ADULTS * FAMILIES
Call our toll free confidential helpline 1-866-524-5633 We encourage (when possible) that the clients have their name on the waitlist before we can accept a completed referral package from an agent. We know this is not always possible and will do our best to accommodate extenuating circumstances.
Westminster House is a place to recover and therefore free from distractions such as cell phones and computers so if possible leave these devices at home as there is limited storage. Further, we can only store up to a maximum of 1 suitcase.
Need help with a loved one?
Please Contact one of our Certified Interventionists.
Contact Us so that we can conduct an intake interview and health assessment.
After being placed on the waitlist please:
- Send in self referral package – Download Referral Form
- Complete MSP Application – Download MSP Premium Assistance Application
FHA Community Substance Use Services Clinics will be happy to support your application to treatment. Please contact your local Fraser Health Community Service:
Westminster House welcomes women who satisfy the following requirements:
- girl or adult who identifies as a female
- You currently have a negative relationship with drugs and/or alcohol
- Chemical addiction including alcohol misuse is your primary diagnosis
- You have funding in place
- You are prepared to become a non-smoker/vaper for the duration of your stay
Agree to adhere to Westminster House
Primary Care Guidelines
If you or a loved one requires assistance, please contact one of our intake staff.
Toll-Free: 1-866-524-5633 or Local: 604-524-5633
Our highly qualified staff are available anytime, 24 hours / 7 days a week. All information is kept confidential.
Please download and print the referral forms:
Fee for Service Referral Package * FHA Referral Package – Within FHA Region
FHA Referral Package – Outside FHA Region
Email to: [email protected]
Referrals are accepted from the following sources:
- Community health centres and counsellors
- Medical detoxification centres and physicians
- Residential treatment facilities
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- School Counsellors, Academic Advisors
- Physicians, Psychologist, Psychiatrist, etc.
Do you have experience in working with women in addiction recovery? If you offer services that help women in their journey to self-discovery and recovery through one-to-one and group services, get in touch with us. We are always looking to partner with local service providers to help us help women recover.
Westminster House provides addiction recovery services for Youth and Adult women that include medical detox, socialization, primary treatment, transition, and family programs. Westminster House is a longer-term residential program and to complete the full continuum of care, the average stay could be as short as 90 days and as long as 6 months. Many residents also access Westminster House long term substance-free sober living program which can be up to one 1 year.
Prospective clients may struggle with the idea of taking 90 days out of their life to participate in addiction treatment, though our treatment is recommended minimum of 90 days, participants can be introduced to recovery on a short term basis that sometimes helps them make better decisions about their future treatment plans.
Call our intake line at 604-524-5633 to start the telephone screening process, and our professional intake coordinator will help determine treatment readiness and suitability. Interventions are available for pre-contemplative clients.
What time is intake?
What time is intake?
What should I bring with me?
Pack a supply (one suitcase or bag) of comfortable, casual, weather appropriate clothing (changing seasons), including a jacket or sweater for outdoors, socks and underwear, swim suit, workout attire, and gym shoes. Please note that laundry facilities are provided.
Personal effects to bring:
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, & other personal toiletries
- All prescribed medication
- Personal Health Care Number
What can't I bring with me?
Revealing, tattered and/or torn clothing. Clothing that depicts drugs, alcohol, sex, violence or gambling and clothing with offensive slogans.
Not permitted at the centre:
- Computers, laptop, smart phones/assistants
(After step nine, clients are permitted use of the Internet at the library only).
- Cell phones – Client can access their cell phone once they have completed primary care
- Personal stereo’s
- Lottery Tickets
- Recreational reading materials
- Products containing alcohol (i.e., mouthwash, aftershave, perfume, perfumed lotions, hand sanitizer etc.)
- Mood altering drugs, nonprescription medications
- Sharps of any kind (scissors, penknives, straight razors, etc.)
Clients must take all of their belongings upon discharge.
The program Director or staff may ask to check purses, packages, pockets and rooms at any time during the program.