Westminster House Smoking Cessation Recovery Program
When you are considering Westminster House and quitting the habit of smoking at the same time, you may think to yourself, “I’m quitting using, I can’t overwhelm myself by quitting smoking, too! “Couldn’t it increase my chances of giving up?” or “I’d be way to anxious!”
The truth is, as explained in this smoking cessation in recovering alcoholics, published on the American Family Physician website, smoking can cause stronger cravings for the substance you are trying to recover from, increasing chances of relapse in recovery. Some cravings for your drug of choice, in early recovery, are due to the association between smoking and using. The article explains that recovering people who quit smoking report lower levels of anxiety and depression.
What are you willing to do to recover? How far are you willing to go to extend our new-found health and serenity? We spent so many years harming ourselves in our addictions, why pollute our bodies with unnecessary harm now that we’ve found this new way of life? According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are numerous ways smoking harms our bodies and health, including lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, stroke, and many other debilitating disorders.
The good new is that Westminster House smoking cessation program that provides support through Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) in the form of the Nicoderm Patch.
If you have recently quit smoking, or are considering it, here’s some good news for you! An article from Onlymyhealth cites 5 immediate health benefits of quitting smoking:
(1) Within 2 days of quitting, your lungs begin to clear, and your senses of smell and taste begin to return. As your lungs continue to repair, coughing and wheezing from smoking is reduced within 3-9 months.
(2) You immediately stop harming those around you with the 4.000 chemicals in tobacco from second-hand smoke.
(3) No more guilt and stress over having to take “cigarette breaks”.
(4) Quitting helps you look better, which helps you feel better. Quitting smoking immediately increases blood flow, improving the appearance of your skin, halts the staining of our fingers and teeth, and reduces the onset of premature wrinkles. Not to mention the lingering smell of stale cigarettes on your clothes, skin, and hair…
(5) The money you will save may also prove to be an incentive. Smoking an $11 pack of cigarettes a day works out to $77 per week. That works out to over $4,000 a year if you smoke a pack every day! You could buy almost 4 MacBook Air laptops with that money!
Aware of the health and recovery benefits of quitting smoking, Westminster House is a smoke-free environment. We understand that it is difficult to stop. Provided with treatment, we offer continued emotional support in quitting, as well as a smoking cessation program to help with the physical withdrawal from nicotine.
If you’re ready to quit smoking now, quitnow has contacts and resources that can offer immediate assistance. Call them toll free at 1-877-455-2233.